This story is about a boy called Hooey Higgins. There are two main characters in this story by the name of Hooey Higgins and a boy called Twig. I think this is a great and funny book because for me it was very entertain able and I found this book very interesting. It is a little bit easy for me to guess the ending of the story because this book was mostly about Hooey, Twig and some other people were making different awards and Twig thought that he was totally going to win one but he didn't and then Hooey's mum or grandmother made baking that Twig thought of and she won so she made an award and gave it to Twig. During this book lots and lots of weird and exciting things happen like something weir was when Twig was rubbing chicken fat or turkey fat on his chest and something exciting was when Twig won a award.
Thursday, 6 July 2017
Blog post title: Current Events Term 2, 2017
WALT: I can successfully research a current event.
Here is a link to our online modelling book for this unit of learning.
The National Standard that I have been aiming for during this unit of learning is:
- Year 7/8: I can use appropriate skills and technologies to find and use a range of texts for specific purposes.
Each week we have read a short text about a current event/ topic. We then formed questions based on what we had read. After this we researched the answers to our questions and finally we gave our opinions on what we had found out.
Here is some evidence of my learning.
Describe Map One Microbeads
Describe map Two Taxes
My Next Step is to continue to apply the reading and researching skills that I have learned in a variety of other areas.
Wednesday, 5 July 2017
Blog Title: Term 2 Novel Study
This term I have been reading and studying the novel Trash
I found this novel interesting because this was making me very interested and want to read more and the novel was persuasive.
During the novel I had to complete a thinking map which shows that I can classify how the author has shown the theme of the book.
National Standard this covers
- Year 7/8 Standard
- I can identify and evaluate the way writers’ use language and ideas to suit their purpose and I can use my growing wide range of academic and content-specific vocabulary to understand texts.
Overall I would give this novel a rating of 8/10 would / would not recommend it to others to read because they would be interested in the novel and read more and also because it is very entertain able and also informative about Behala dumpsite.
Monday, 26 June 2017
In CAREERS EDUCATION we have been learning to write a skills based Curriculum Vitae.
A skills based C.V. focuses more on the skills that we have, rather than our work history.
Here is a link to our online Modelling Book that shows the process we have followed.
Three things that I have learned about writing a Curriculum Vitae are:
- Is a brief (usually but not always) account of a person’s education, qualifications, previous work experience and other useful previous experience.
- Is submitted when a person applies for a job and gives employers an idea of the suitability of a person for a particular job.
- Promotes you as the right person for the job and should make an employer want to find out more about you ie. offer you a face to face interview.