TERM 4 CARE
Tuesday, 26 November 2013
Saturday, 23 November 2013
Term 4 Written Language
WALT write a character description of a person we know very well.
We know we have achieved this when we …
- have written about the person’s physical appearance (the way they look).
- have written about the person’s behaviour (how they speak or act).
- have written about how they affect other people (what do they do to make you notice them).
- have written about the person’s environment and belongings.
- used descriptive words to make a picture in the mind of the reader
My Dad by Maxim Nurpeisov
My dad’s name is Marat. He has black hair and a brown-white skin colour, light grey eyes and also a happy smile. He has a hair cut. He has a short haircut every time but not every day. My dad works in a shop called New World and he’s the oldest person in my whole family. He is funny because he tells me jokes and he laughs with his friends. He wears lots of colourful clothes.
Well done Maxim. I like your first two sentences. You have tried to write how your father looks. You need to add some more details to make things clearer as I still do not have a very clear picture in my mind.
1. Maybe you could write a simile to make things clear as to how tall he is and what build is he e.g. My dad is as tall as…..
2. Choose to start your sentences with different words instead of always using “He”.
3. Refer to the WALT criteria to see what else you can add.
Posted by Unknown at 17:56
Wednesday, 20 November 2013
Term 4 Music
We are learning to create a piece of music using a 4 beat pattern.
We know we have done that when…
- we can use the ta, ti-ti and sah symbols
- we can clap the beat in time
- we can work with a partner, put two patterns together and present the piece to the class.
Posted by Unknown at 16:17
Term 4 Discovery
We are learning to involve ourselves in activities during discovery and use one of Key Competencies
We know we have done that when we show we
- use Language symbols and texts
- Self-manage our learning
- Participate and contribute
- Relate to others
I showed the Competency of Relating to others when I worked on my picture in the quiet room and talked about what colours to colour it in with.
Posted by Unknown at 15:36